Monday, June 29, 2015

Schrödinger's Pregnancy

   Here I am in yet another two week wait and I feel like Schrödinger's cat.  If you are not familiar with Schrödinger's cat (or just want a good laugh) I have included a clip from the tv show The Big Bang Theory which explains the concept.  

   The two week wait is an annoying period of uncertainty.  I could be pregnant right now, or I could be gearing up for another disappointment.  Until I can take a test in another week and a half I could considered both pregnant and not pregnant with no way to open the hypothetical box yet.


  This was especially evident today when I had a slight headache in the afternoon.  Normally I would take Advil, but that could be bad for a possible child.  If I am not pregnant, why should I suffer a headache needlessly?  So in the end, I choose the pain.  I choose to protect a child who, probably does not exist, because despite my past disappointment and my future worries, I still hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment